With all the recent confusion surrounding regulations, here at Blue Horizons we wanted to create an easy to understand checklist of the 'must haves' for your website. Please be aware that these guidelines are based on our understanding of the responsibilities required for dental websites.
In order for your dental website to conform to General Dental Council (GDC) guidelines, your website must display the following:
- the name and geographic address at which the dental service is established
- contact details including telephone number and email address of the dental service
- either a link to the GDC website and/or the GDC's contact details
- details of the practice's complaints procedure should be clearly accessible, along with means to express complaints or comments to the dental practice.
- the date the website was last updated
Dental professionals should provide:
- their professional qualification and the country from which that qualification is derived
- their GDC registration number
As well as the guidelines established by the GDC, your website must also comply with the following regulations:
- Personally identifiable data must be secured (if personal data is collected), to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- A Data Controller MUST be clearly stated and registered with the ICO (if personal data is collected), to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Information must be accessible to all (including access to personal data), pursuant to the Equality Act 2010.
- Website must prevent unauthorised access to (such as password protect and/or encrypt) any personal data if collected.
We appreciate that this can all be quite confusing so if you are unsure about anything or would like to chat things through then please do not hesitate to contact us on 01242 236600.