Where are your marketing leaks?
How to proactively drive traffic to your website with SEO – search engine optimisation
The foundations for good SEO are:
• A website that is easy to navigate with content grouped in logical categories
• A responsive website that can adapt and deliver the best experience to users whether they’re on their desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone
• Having optimised the actual page content – formulate descriptive rich keyword content (think product titles and descriptions), using meta data and images
• Provide useful ‘housekeeping’ content – contact pages, policies
• A website that isn’t bloated and therefore takes too long to load
• Create content of interest to your target audience not just on your website but also via social media and guest blogs to assist in link building
• Monitor and analyse how your audience find and use your content, then revise and update accordingly
Top tip – use your Google search console/ Google Analytics to verify ownership of your website and optimise your Google My Business Listing.
How to proactively drive traffic to your website with SEM – search engine marketing
There are various options when it comes to marketing your website on Google or other search engines. We’re going to focus on Google as they have the largest market share by far:
Search Ads - good for products and services specifically when you have certain categories/brands/products/services that you want to promote with priority.
Google Ads boosts overall brand awareness by 80% - WebFx
Shopping Ads - great for ecommerce and physical stores to showcase their inventory through product based ads
Search for ‘blue wellies’
Display Ads - great for building brand awareness and growing brand reach, good for new products/brands/services and increasing brand recognition.
89% of the traffic generated by Google Ads is not replaced by organic clicks when ads are paused - Google AI Blog
Video Ads - great for brands who want to tell their story, be in front of the camera, get more brand reach and awareness and who can’t explain the benefits of their products/services in a single image or text ad.
Local Ads - for local tradespeople, shops, restaurants etc who are looking to drive footfall and increase awareness about their brand.
Benefits of Google Ads
● Controllable - over how much you spend and when - you only pay when someone clicks on or views your ads (depending on ad type)
● Targeted - you choose the audience, location, times of day to show ads, the devices they appear on and how often they appear
● Measurable - there are lots of metrics that help you make sense of your advertising campaigns - i.e. clicks, views, sales, leads, sales value, SIS*, CPC*, cost/conv, ROAS*
*SIS = defined as the Number of Impressions you have received, divided by the approximate number of impressions you were eligible to receive.”
CPC = cost per click
ROAS = return on advertising spend
Forty-three percent of visitors bought something for the first time after seeing Google Ads - clutch
Remarketing is great for increasing conversions and ROI (return on investment) as people who have already connected with your brand are more likely to convert.
Remarketing is for those brands who think long term as it takes time to build up audiences. However, the wait is worth it as remarketing ads tend to have a 2-3 times higher CTR (click through rate).
Need some help?
If you need help with Search Engine Optimisation and/or Search Engine Marketing then drop us a line email@example.com or give us a call on 01242 236600.