At Blue Horizons we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our website or communicating electronically with us, in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and all other applicable legislation.
We do update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.
- Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web-logs and other communication data.
- Data that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Data provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- System data such as browser agent and version, to assist in diagnosing technical problems.
We use Google Analytics to evaluate and improve this website and services. If you have any concerns about such third-party data collection or simply want to be kept up-to-date about analytics cookies, you can learn how Google safeguards data collection.
Further cookie information
If you require further information about cookies, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) have a useful resource called what is a cookie?
- Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- Protecting Your Personal Data
The Blue Horizons website is hosted on Secured UK Servers to ensure customer data is kept within the EU for best Data Protection as recommended by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Transit of information over the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transit of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- Data retention
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We may retain your data to satisfy any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements so for example we need to keep certain information about you for 6 years after you cease to be a client for tax purposes.
You have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances. See section 7 below.
- Your rights
You are able to exercise certain rights in relation to your personal data that we process. These are set out in more detail at
In relation to a Subject Access Right request, you may request that we inform you of the data we hold about you and how we process it. We will not charge a fee for responding to this request unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive in which case we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to respond.
We will, in most cases, reply within one month of the date of the request unless your request is complex or you have made a large number of requests in which case we will notify you of any delay and will in any event reply within 3 months.
If you wish to make a Subject Access Request, please send the request to Blue Horizons Ltd, 122 Bath road, Cheltenham GL53 7JX or email email@example.com marked for the attention of the Data Compliance Officer.
- Keeping your data up to date
We have a duty to keep your personal data up to date and accurate so from time to time we will contact you to ask you to confirm that your personal data is still accurate and up to date.
If there are any changes to your personal data (such as a change of address) please let us know as soon as possible by writing to or emailing the addresses set out in section 7 above.
We are committed to protecting your personal data but if for some reason you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
- Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
- Contacting Us
40B London Road