On a daily basis we get requests from clients to cram leaflets with information. This can often make it very difficult to get your message across to your customers. So here are a few useful tips to take into account when you are considering designs for leaflets and flyers.
- It is vitally important to ask yourself 'What is the purpose of your leaflet?'. Answering this basic question will help you to focus on what your leaflet should do and how to go about it. Throughout the design process revisit this question and ensure that the design still fits your criteria.
- Consider how the leaflet is to be used? The size, number of pages, paper-weight and colour could be vital considerations both aesthetically and economically. For example, a leaflet that is posted may cost more to post if it is larger and heavier and thus impact on the total cost of your job.
- Ensure that your message stands-out. Try focusing on only one or two messages, as this helps to engage your audience without getting overawed with a sea of information.
- Remember to talk to customers in a simple manner and in particular avoiding technical jargon that your audience won't be familiar with.
- Keep in mind that a carefully placed picture can often get a message across better than many words and also enrich a leaflet aesthetically.
- Allow the leaflet or flyer design to breathe. In other words, try not fill all of the space with information. Carefully managed space can enhance your leaflet by improving it aesthetically and more importantly enhance your leaflets/flyers readability.
- It can be very useful to engage with your potential customers. A useful tip would be to tell your customers what to do next.
- Don't forget to check grammar and spelling as this can make your leaflet/flyer look unprofessional, if done poorly.
- Finally, it is very important to check all contact information.
If you have any queries about designing leaflets or flyers, or just want to know more about our services, then please feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us on 01242 236600.